Terms & Conditions
- The nature of Digital Gardens means the information found here may be inaccurate or incomplete, as notes reflect my current knowledge and understanding. You are ultimately responsible for validating and verifying any claims or assumptions I make in any of these notes.
- I do my best to attribute sources of information and provide references for further research when applicable. In the case of notes which make statements without evidence to back it up, you may assume these are written from a position of experience or authority where I feel I have a high degree of confidence (yet the previous point still applies).
- One of the advantages of having a Digital Garden is to facilitate public learning. You are expressly welcome to comment on, tear apart, counter-argue, or outright disagree with anything here. I will listen to your feedback but I cannot promise to respond to or agree with you.
- Please also suggest what else I should include, read, watch, or listen to, or tell me what you would have written instead. Better yet, write a better version of what I did and publish it on your own Garden. I’d love to read it.
- I hope that you will be able to learn from and use the information here but please, attribute, don’t plagiarize. Content within this space is licensed CC BY-NC 4.0, meaning:
- Feel free to make your own copies of my notes and share these with others.
- Feel free to build upon my work, integrate these notes with yours, build something new out of it.
- Please provide appropriate credit for my work when including or changing (significant) portions. Simply linking back to the relevant notes from your own work counts as sufficient attribution to me.
- Don’t use my work for commercial purposes (that is to say, anything you would directly make money from) without first seeking approval from me.
- This public garden is only a subset of a larger private collection, stored in a local Obsidian vault. Notes tend to get renamed, at which point their public URL here will also change. I make a best-effort to keep old versions of renamed or deleted notes alive on their original URL to avoid dead links, but generally make no effort to redirect these to their new location.
Some of these items were inspired by Shawn Wang’s Digital Garden Terms of Service.
- I do my best not to track you and to protect you from being tracked by others. However:
- I run a self-hosted Matomo analytics instance for web analytics. IP addresses are anonymized but some fingerprintable browser data (for example; user agent) may be collected. This data is not shared with third parties.
- Hosting is provided through Netlify, who store access logs which will include your IP address. For more information, see Netlify’s commitment to protect your data.
- I will not publish private conversations or confidential information without prior approval from all parties involved.